Please fill out the following application if you wish to be chosen as a recipient of the 2015 Natural Sounds Scholarship. Thanks to our partnership with the National Park Service's Natural Sounds Program
, we are able to offer small scholarships to students traveling with No Barriers Youth in 2015 who are committed to raising awareness about the importance of natural sounds among their peers.
Note: If you are under the age of 18, a legal guardian must provide an e-signature.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on:
- Merit: We will consider the following components of this scholarship application: GPA and short essay answers.
- Leadership Potential: We will give highest priority to thoughtful, well-written short essay answers that demonstrate a desire for positive personal growth as well as past experience and future commitment to the No Barriers program concepts: Living with Purpose, Resiliency, Exploration, Innovation, Community, Collaboration, and Service to others.
- Financial Need: Though not
required, special consideration will be given to scholarship applicants who demonstrate financial need. Demonstration of need will be assessed based eligibility for Federal Free & Reduced Lunch, annual household income and explanation of current financial situation.
Eligible scholarship recipients are traveling with No Barriers Youth in 2015.
- If a chosen recipient fails to follow through with scholarship requirements he/she will in turn be billed for the awarded amount so that the money can be redirected to another participant. Scholarship requirements will vary based on the amount awarded and will be clearly outlined in scholarship offer letter. For example, requirements could include attending a conference call with National Park Service staff, teaching a short lesson during your expedition to your peers, and giving presentations to your school/community upon return home spreading awareness about Natural Sounds. All awardees are expected to be "Natural Sounds Ambassadors" during their expedition and upon return home; No Barriers Youth and the National Parks Service staff will provide the necessary resources.
- If you receive a scholarship, the awarded amount will be within the range of $100 to $800.
- The maximum number of participants per group that can receive this scholarship is 3.
We welcome participants of all abilities and backgrounds to complete this application. We believe that travel should be accessible to all youth who desire to explore our world.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
You CANNOT save progress on this form. We anticipate the application taking about 1 hour. Upon completion, a confirmation email will be sent to you with the information you submitted. If you do NOT receive a confirmation email, then we did NOT receive your application.
Items marked with a red asterisk are required.
Thank you for applying to No Barriers Youth! The National Park Service and No Barriers Youth work together to promote awareness and appreciation of natural sounds.